There are many hotels in Ghent, and the conference venue (Blandijnberg 2, 9000 Gent) is located very close to the historical center of the city, so most hotels are well within walking distance. Their locations are marked on this map. In addition, there are a considerable amount of Bed & Breakfast opportunities, which you can explore via http://www.bedandbreakfast-gent.be/ or http://www.gent-accommodations.be/.
- Uppelink Hostel, http://www.hosteluppelink.com, Sint-Michielsplein 21, 9000 Gent. Located right in the city centre this is an ideal location for students.
- 13 O’Clock Hostel, http://www.13oclock.be, Universiteitstraat 13, 9000 Gent. Located near the city centre.
- Backstay Youth Hostel, http://www.backstayhostels.com/, Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 128, 9000 Gent. This is a brand new youth hostel, housed in the former headquarters of the socialist newspaper “Vooruit.” The hostel is newspaper-themed, making it a fitting location for RSVP attendees. It has a range of rates for dorms and private rooms: for more info, check out their website.
- Ibis Gent Centrum Kathedraal, Limburgstraat 2, 9000 Gent. A hotel located next to one of the three towers that dominate the skyline of Ghent and only 50m away from the UNESCO World Heritage Belfry.
- Ibis Opera. Nederkouter 24-26, 9000 Gent. Second branch of the IBIS outlet.
- Novotel Gent Centrum, Goudenleeuwplein 5, 9000 Gent. The hotel is located on one of the touristic hotspots of the city, right in the historic city centre.
- Hotel Flandria
- Erasmus Hotel
- Hotel Harmony
- Best Western Cour Saint Georges
- Hotel Gravensteen
- Ghent River Hotel
- Hotel de Flandre
- Sandton Grand Hotel Reylof
- NH Belfort, Hoogpoort 63, 9000 Gent. A four star hotel located in one of the historic sites of Ghent, right next to the town hall and the belfry.
- Marriott Hotel, Korenlei 10, 9000 Gent. This four star hotel is located right in the city centre and on the banks of the river Lys, and close to the most famous historic buildings of Ghent.
We’ve listed some restaurants and cafés here, for your convenience. Their locations are marked on this map. Please note that the prices given here are purely indicative and may have changed since this list was created.
1) Il Folletto: Drabstraat 30. Italian cuisine. +/- €7 for a main course. V.
2) Frietcultuur: Kantienberg 28. Authentic fritterie – real Belgian fries. Starts at €2 for a serving of fries, but for the full experience (including sauces, meat, and a drink), you’ll pay +/- €7. V (Note for vegetarians: they use vegetable fat in their fryers.)
3) ‘T Oud Clooster: Zwartezusterstraat 5. Simple Belgian & French cooking, +/- €12 for a main course. V.
4) Restaurant Du Progres: Korenmarkt 10. Belgian Cuisine, +/- 15€ for a main course.
5) Renee: Gebroeders Vandeveldestraat 2-4. Belgian-French Cuisine, +/- 15€ for a main course. V.
6) Lepelblad: Onderbergen 40. World Cuisine, +/- €17 for a main course. V.
7) Godot: Hooiaard 8. Belgian Cuisine, +/- €20 for a main course.
8) Handelsbeurs: Kouter 29. French-Belgian Cuisine, +/- €20 for a main course. V.
9) Café Theatre: Schouwburgstraat 5-7. French Cuisine, +/- €22 for a main course. V.
10) Grade Restaurant/Bar: Charles De Kerckhovelaan 79-81. French-Belgian Cuisine, +/- €25 for a main course. V.
11) Mub’art (Restaurant located in the Museum of Fine Arts): Fernand Scribedreef 1. French-Belgian Cuisine, +/- €25 for a main course. V.
12) De Foyer: Sint-Baafsplein 17. French-Belgian Cuisine, +/- €28 for a main course. V.
V: vegetarian options available.
Pubs and bars
1) Bierhuis aan de Waterkant: Groentenmarkt 9. Huge selection of Belgian beers.
2) Hot Club de Gand: Groentemarkt 15. Great dive bar with live jazz performances most nights.
3) Manteca: Cataloniëstraat 1. Cosy bar right in the center of town.
4) Sphinx: Sint-Michielshelling 3. Stylish bar with great outdoor seating for people watching.
5) Dulle Griet: Vrijdagmarkt 50. Another beer bar: usually has most trappist beers on offer.
6) Damberd: Korenmarkt 19. A very popular traditional pub, centrally located.
7) Galgenhuisje: Groentemarkt 5. The smallest pub in Ghent has an attractive area of outdoor seating that is larger than the actual pub itself.